Friday, October 7, 2011

Take a chill pill...

Sometimes this life of mine is so crazy I have to stop and remind myself how truly blessed I am. This week/month has been no exception to the usual running around like a chicken with it's head cut off/late nights/early mornings/putting too many miles on the car/myself. (I know that's alot of these: / , but it's the best way to get the point across) Anyways, this week I really just needed to take a breather. Someone turned me on to The Bohdi Tree Salon here in Murfreesboro. Boy, oh boy, am I glad they did! I had an hour long massage with Carol at The Bodhi Tree and it was "yummy". Yeah, that's right, "yummy". This upscale salon really takes you on a retreat when you enter. It's a beautifully done/decorated space with very upscale products and services. You really should check it out. But, first you should check out their super awesome website that a total stranger I have never met made. ;)

Anyways, poor Carol didn't know what she was in for when she signed up for this massage. I'm a sloppy client. I get super relaxed and totally zone out to the world. You ask a question...I can't hear you. My tounge is hanging out of my mouth (possibly drooling) and one of my legs could fall of the table at any moment. The only thing I hear is that amazing massage music. I guess the massage therapists go to the massage music store and all get these super awesome CDs with their indescribable songs on them. Regardless of how they aquire the CDs... I love them...alot.

After an hour with Carol I walked out to my car (without looking to either side of the street as I crossed, of course) with fresh lemon lime squeezed water in hand and get into my car. You literally could have set my hair on fire at this point and I wouldn't have even been upset. I was so relaxed...I was driving down a super curvy road, smiling, swaying my head to the music like someone had slipped me some hard drugs. Needless to say, I will be back to Bodhi Tree.

On a totally different but somewhat related note... speaking of "setting my hair on fire", that almost happened. No joke. The next morning I awoke in my still 'somber/half drugged up on massages' state and as I was drying my hair....Boom. My hairdryer literally caught on fire.. (Poor thing. It's been a good one. I have had for about 7 years now.) Oh to be a fly on the wall when this event occurred....  :)

Have a great weekend, friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment