Monday, January 16, 2012

Sitting is killing us.

When you work an 8:00am-5:00pm desk job, your entire day consists of sitting, sitting and more sitting- with the occasional getting up to go to the bathroom or warm up your lunch. Then, you drive home, while sitting in your car. Once you make it home you sit some more while watching your favorite TV show. I can remember when I got my first 8-5 office job I would come home complaining of my back hurting. These statistics are eye opening, for sure! One would think that sitting would evoke "resting" and "relaxing", but often times it can have more of a negative effect.

After being turned on to reading an article by Michael Hyatt, I have found out that sitting can be killing us!
Check it out for yourself. I think you will be surprised at what you read.

If you find yourself in this same situation, make it a point to get up whenever you can and walk around/ stretch. Any opportunity you may get to be up on your feet and get some movement can positively affect your health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment