Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk


As most of you know, David was deployed to Iraq  for a year in 2008. I can remember us talking via Skype every week and chit chatting about the weeks developments. I can remember one specific conversation where I was complaining to him about a situation in my life. Honestly, I can't even remember the situation I was talking about, but I clearly remember his response. After I finished my whining and complaining, he very solemnly stated, "Well, there's no sense in crying over spilt milk."

If I could remember this a little bit more, I can guarantee a little less worry and heartache in my life. Sometimes when things happen it is so easy to sit and dwell on what has happened. It's easy to ponder and process some wrongdoing that has happened to you. Why would someone do that? What were they thinking when they did that? How could they? Wonder why this or that? The answer to all of these questions will never be answered and the truth is, they were never meant to be.

The real truth is... the milk has spilt. There is no use in crying over it because you can't get it back in the glass. The fact is: You can't drink it anymore... it's done... it's over. So, why even waste another ounce of energy on it? Right?

Gossip exempts no one...no matter how young, old, good or bad... you are not exempt. Instead of analyzing it, don't give rise to it... don't allow it to consume a single second of your precious energy.

After all, there is no use in crying over spilt milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment