Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Don't Worry, I'm Perfect

I've written a similar post like this before, but felt compelled to visit this issue again. Alot of my readers know me in real life, but surprisingly, alot of them don't. Which, again, blows my mind/excites me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading and contributing through your encouraging comments. I am more than just a blogger, I am a blog lover and reader. I LOVE reading blogs of other ladies like me who enjoy sharing the excitements of their lives online. It is certainly inspiring and exciting to read about their ideas, travels and adventures. BUT... I think it's so important to be real, and blogs tend to make people view the writers life with rose colored glasses.

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting with a friend that I have known my entire life. As we were chatting she said, " Me and my sister were talking about you the other day. You always have had your life together and your head on straight. We envy you." Hold the phone. As flattered as I was for such a sweet comment, it also forced me to curl up my lip on one side, cock my head to the side and make freaky eyes as I thought to myself, "Yikes, I have really got this girl fooled!"

Check out a post I read by a blogger named Ashli who I love to follow at Maillardville Manor . She explained it so well. When you read someone's blog you tend to read the "highlights" and exciting parts of their lives. You don't get to hear the gory, fishy drama that muddies the water a little bit.

Alot of blogs can come across as the writer saying, "Don't Worry, I'm Perfect." And trust me, people... I am FAR from any form of perfect. It's true... here are some things to remind you...I made one promise to myself at the beginning of this... once you have typed it....No backspace.

1. I may or may not have cried hysterically while laying out in my back yard last week reading the ending of "The Last Summer." I get so involved and feel like I am one of the characters.

2. I love to eat. I fight a daily battle with myself to maintain my weight and control my eating habits. Trust me.. it's one of my biggest struggles and I don't think even my closest family members understand that.

3. I talk to myself... like alot... like if someone had a camera in my house and car all the time...they would send me to the looney bin.

4. I can tend to not have a filter on the things I say and do. I sometimes say things without thinking or caring. I even do things without considering others or the aftermath of it all.I air on the side of "honesty" when sometimes a filtered honesty would be better.

5. I'm cheap. To a fault. To a huge fault. I find myself putting every extra penny I have in savings ( because I am a worry wort ). Transferring money on a daily basis.... if I get an extra $20 I'll stop by the bank on the way home..I found myself going to the bank one day a year ago to put the $6.79 I found in change in my purse to the bank to put in my savings account. That's pshycho, people. But I have certainly come a long way and taught myself to "Spend Out." (Thanks, Gretchen.)

6. I don't have perfect relationships.

7. I worry...every day....about STUPID STUFF! The funny thing is that 99% of the things that I worry about...NEVER happen. Yet, I feel the need to worry anyways. Worrying is like a rocking chair, you can do it all day long, but you don't get anywhere.

8. I'm a trashy eater... I'll eat old food or food that's been on the floor. Gosh, that's so disgusting... I can't believe I just wrote that.... but, I promised myself I wouldn't delete anything.

9. I am incredibly social, yet I find myself avoiding people alot.Like the good ole "act like my phone is ringing" trick. If I did that once while walking on campus in college... I did it 88 gazillion times.

10. I can't get no satisfaction. I struggle for contentment everyday. To be happy where I am and with what I have. All these inspirational posts... are more for me than for you....trust me.

There it is people. I was challenged to bare it all and there it is- but you know what. That's okay.. because I am me... just the way that I was made. I will embrace and love my faults and strive to make a better life for myself even with these faults. Why did I write this post? To encourage YOU. It's okay if you are struggling..... it's okay if you are not perfect.... it's okay if you are crazy... We all are. Love it and live it.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love your posts and how real they all are!! I can tell you are very passionate about life and the person you are and want to be! Keep up the good work Girl!!

    ReplyDelete