Friday, May 31, 2013

Now


"Forever -- is composed of nows --" - Emily Dickinson

 

Oh hey, guess who? It's me. Remember me? The slacker blogger who used to get on your nerves posting everyday but then suddenly decided to only blog once a decade? Yep. That's me and I am back. Try to accept my ways and efforts of trying to do better :)

 

Every morning I get  an email from my favorite blogger, Gretchen Rubin with The Happiness Project. These emails are composed of daily happiness quotes that make you think. The email this morning certainly made me do just that.


"Forever -- is composed of nows --" - Emily Dickinson

 

Hmmmm... what exactly does this mean? I think it can mean different things to each of us, but for me, the meaning behind this is to "live in the now". Carpe Diem. Seize the Day. The time is now. Don't put off for tomorrow what could get done today. Yada Yada Yada. But in all seriousness, it really is important to live in the moment. Understand where you are at whatever point you are in your life and accept it. Maybe you're not where you wanna be, so you convince yourself that..."I'll be happen when ____ fill in the blank____"  The truth of the matter is that happiness is a choice and an attitude- a choice to have a certain attitude and live a certain way. Choose happiness. Now.... because Forever is composed of nows.

No comments:

Post a Comment