Tuesday, May 24, 2011

There is more than one use for a Snuggie.

If you have decided to venture on to reading this post after reading the redneck title of it, good for you. I promise it is not quite as redneck as it sounds.


I have always loved to take random things from around the house and incorporate them into my design. In the kitchen I have an old crock of my grandmothers that I use for storing things like spatulas, whisks, etc. Beside of it I keep my salt and pepper shakers. Because of the height of the crock , it almost needs to be a tad bit elevated to make it look right. I like to keep it on a tray of sorts to give it some height and also to keep it contained and make it look more finished.


I was changing things around the other day and found this cool shallow casserole dish I use for dips and things. It thought I would give it a shot.



Kinda weird...kinda cool...

At this point I am sure you are wondering where in the world the title of this post came from. Get ready. I came home from work the other day and just needed to do something. The living room has been in the same arrangement for over a year. It's getting on my nerves and needed to be changed. (post to come.)This change also sparked a desire to change up the kitchen as well. I switched out two large cabinets I had. They would just look so much better by switching their positions. The only problem is...I'm home alone...they are heavy as crap....how in the world do i move them?! Then I had the bright idea to lift up each leg and place it on my Snuggie, then drag it across the kitchen floor. (I really didn't want to scratch up the hardwoods, so this seemed like a good solution. And let me tell you... when its warm outside and you don't need your Snuggie for all the football games you go to...put it to good use in the furniture moving department.(Joking about the football game.)


This is the bad boy that I moved with the Snuggie. A small antique china hutch. I bought this at an estate auction the day of the May flood last year. No one was there because of the torrential downpour we were encountering. I got a great price on it and did some minor repair work. It's a really cool looking piece. (Which may be for sale in the near future in case you are wondering. :)

So for all you single ladies out there who think you need a man to move your furniture- look no further than the Snuggie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment