Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chicken A-La-Lawnboy

Okay, the title of this post has very little to do with the actual contents. Santa Fe Cattle Co. used to have an entree' on their menu called "Chicken A-La- Lawnboy." I often make comments about this dish because it's just such a funny name!

As promised, I am providing another resolution of mine, but to keep things spicy I am incorporating a fun recipe with it. One huge weakness of mine is food. I love to eat. It's a social thing for me.. I love to go out with friends or family and chit-chat over some nachos or lasagna. There is just nothing better! This weakness can definately cause me to go overboard quite often with my eating out. I often times find myself eating out everyday, sometimes even two times a day! Yikes.

Resolution # 2: Eat out only 2 times per week.

This resolution serves two purposes. 1. It keeps me in check financially. All the cash I'm saving by eating at home can be socked away for something fun- like a trip or concert. 2. It keeps me in check nutritionally. When I eat out I almost always eat more. It's the mindset of "I paid for it, so I need to eat it all." Also, I tend to make poor food decisions when I am eating out. I tend to think I need to "Treat" myself. So, I am hoping this resolution will not be as difficult as it seems to me right now. Ha.

In an effort to start off the resolution with a bang, I made some yummy Parmeasean Chicken Penne Pasta last night. (Note: By coooking at home I usually get two meals out of it: dinner and lunch the next day.)

So, enjoy this recipe. It was pretty yummy and inexpensive!

Parmesean Chicken Penne Pasta

Ingredients:
1 Box Penne Pasta
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
2 Eggs
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 1/2 Tablespoons Parmesean Cheese
2-3 Chicken Breasts

First cut the chicken into thin strips. I cut them into two thin slices and then cut the slices into strips. Mix bread crumbs, italian seasoning and parmesean cheese in a bowl. Mix the two eggs and a dash of milk in a seperate small bowl. Dip the strips in the egg mixture, then immediately in the crumb mixture. (If you prefer a thicker crust, you can re-dip in the egg mixture and then re-dip in the crumb mixture to give it a "double crust". Put the strips in a buttered pan and cook on medium for about 5 minutes each side or until golden brown. Cook noodles and mix in sauce. Serve with a dusting of parmesean cheese. Enjoy :)
Maybe it's not "pinterest worthy", but it's pretty yummy! Now that my stomach is growling, I am going to eat my leftovers. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment