Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Word: Surrender

Upon reading a post from the One Word Series, I immediately fell in love with the idea and wanted to do it myself. Who better to ask than my friend Cassandra? Cassandra is a gorgeous, God-fearing, running, blogging woman that I have so much love and respect for. Her "One Word" is truly amazing and I hope you enjoy it as well!! What is your "One Word" for 2012?

As I was looking through my "resolutions" I like to call goals, I tried to think of a word that could sum up all of them.  Nothing really came to mind.  But, as I started thinking about life and the year we have ahead of us I thought of it!



Surrender
(v) to yield (something) to the possession or power of another;deliver up possession of on demand or under    duress.

I love making lists, if anyone reading this knows me…they know that.  I am a very goal oriented person, I like to be organized and I loovee some lists! I like the contentment that it gives to me checking off each item.  I am sort of like that with my life too.  Which can be a good thing and a bad thing.  I have my vision of how I would like things to go or to be, and sometimes life happens and it doesn't turn out that way.

I would like to make my focus be on
surrendering ALL.  
The word, surrender reminds me of this Bible verse, Matthew 11:29: “Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

I know that all of these things that I worry about, obsess about, or loose sleep over I really have no control over.  I have realized that this year, for two thousand and twelve I would like to
Surrender
 all of my goals, all of my worries, and all of myself to the Lord.  Because I know if I do that, really do that, I will have the best year yet.  And that is my hope, for the best year yet.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing word for your year! I think that the more type a you are, the harder it is surrender!

    ReplyDelete