Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just call me Martha Stewart


My mom is a great cook. My step-mom is a great cook. All of my grandmothers are/were good cooks. Doesn't that kind of thing run in the family?? Obviously I did not inherit that gene. It's not that I'm a "bad" cook, I just don't seem to have the time to do it and we all know that delicious,creative meals take time.BUT last night I ventured into a new recipe and it was a hit.

Homemade Hummus
Homemade Salsa
Chicken, Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas

Maybe it's not that far of a stretch, but it turned out well, so I am taking full credit for it.

Homemade Hummus

Ingredients

  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, half the liquid reserved
  • 4 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • black pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

  1. In a blender, chop the garlic. Pour garbanzo beans into blender, reserving about a tablespoon for garnish. Place lemon juice, tahini, chopped garlic and salt in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
  2. Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with pepper and pour olive oil over the top. Garnish with reserved garbanzo beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment