Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gretchen Rubin Groupie.

I don't have to tell you guys.. I love Gretchen Rubin. I reference her often on my blog and in life. She has a lot of insight on life and the pursuit of happiness and it's simplicity/complexity. I will typically always bite when she comes out with a new product or suggestion and her 5 year journal was no exception.

This is not just your typical 5 year journal. This is a one sentence journal. That's right! You write one sentence per day in this journal. Each page contains a quote at the top of the page and five slots (one for each year) with a few lines for your one sentence entry.

The beauty of this journal is that you can start it at any time of the year. Ideally, I wanted to start this on January 1 of this year, but I didn't receive it until the 13th, so I decided to start it on the 15th. This is a simple and easy way to get a little bit of writing in, get your writing mojo going and keep track of yourself over the course of five years.

I am really excited to finish this journal and be able to look back over five years of entries and see how they change and grow. Like I said in my post about New Years Resolutions, it is important for me to make resolutions that are obtainable. One sentence a day is obtainable for me. I can do that- anyone can do that!

So, here is to one sentence a day.. for five years!


No comments:

Post a Comment