Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wild and Crazy Gallery Wall

I have seen many different attempts and forms of the "Gallery Wall" in homes of friends, inside my favorite magazines and on TV. I have even read a few "How To" articles about how to make your own. I decided to take a stab at it myself.

Alot of the articles I read talk about making it symmetrical so that it will be more pleasing to the eye, however, mine is anything but that. I think the true religion behind any good gallery wall is to make it your own. If I put a symmetrical gallery wall with all matching frames in my home, it would just look out of place. I had to come up with something that would match my style and fit into this crazy madness of a house we call "Casa De Rowland".

First things first.. Find something as your "base." If you prefer the symmetrical look, then this step could be accomplished with some matching frames or even a paint color to be your base to it. In my case this was some old burlap sacks I found at a coffee shop! These folks actually use these bags for the shipping of their coffee beans!

After finding what you what do be your base, then simply add in little things that add "spunk." Most importantly make it something that means something to you!
My dear friend made me a board full of corks from bottles of wine that we have shared over the years.
I used this in my gallery wall and I think of her and our friendship every time I see it.
I got a few cute letters to add into it. I got a cool painting by a local artist with a heart over my city in it. I found a chalk board that I write fun phrases on... Really, you can't mess this step up. Just make it your own!


And that, my friends, is how I did my Gallery Wall. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment