Thursday, February 27, 2014

Building a beautiful home.

Sometimes the perfect article is published at the perfect time and hits my inbox just been I need it to.
We are full force in the house remodel, which means a weekly challenge of accomplishing timelines, goals, budgets and making decisions on colors, cabinets, roofers, painters and so much more. All while trying to keep my excitement under way because "Rome was not built in a day." All while trying to keep up with my running and workout regime. All while trying to keep it all together with an overly crazy month/season at work. All while trying to not neglect the other facets of my life.

That was alot of "all whiles"...

If you know me at all, you know I love decorating, rearranging, remodeling and design in general. So, naturally, when I got the (in)Courage Blog article in my inbox this morning titled "5 Ways to Build a Beautiful Home," I could barely wait to read it. What kind of fun and new design ideas am I about to read about? What cool pictures am I about to see of the newest dining decor? Then it happened.... I read the article. Bang. Punch in the face.

This article was about building a home of wisdom, building a home to embrace God's love and timing for not only our physical homes but for our families. And then I felt like crap. Okay, but seriously, it really made me take a step back. Stressing over a color, when the drywall was going to be finished and what projects we could tackle this weekend suddenly didn't seem quite so important.

Suddenly it seemed more important to remove those stresses from my mind and focus more on the life that will be built in this home. The friends who will gather around the dining table with laughs. The late nights on the back patio or firepit. The not-so-long (yay) walks to downtown for a bite of dinner.

As much as it pains me to type... no matter how beautiful a home is, if it is not filled with love it is worthless.

Trying to keep this at the top of my thoughts the next few weeks while we finish the house can certainly be trying, but I am going to do my best.

Proverbs 14:1 "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears her down."

(If you wanna read the full article from the (in)Courage blog, you can do so HERE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment