Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Getting back to it

I know you have heard my excuses a million times and the last thing you wanna hear right now is how busy my life has been, how we have been gutting a house, working a gazillion hours a day, traveling alot and trying to keep it all in balance- so, I'll spare you. ;)

The house is "almost done". The hardwood floor guys are there as I type putting on the file coat of the poly on the hardwoods. This Saturday is the official moving day. There are lots of things that need to be done between here and there, but we are working on it and trying to keep a level head in the process.

Here is a short little spoiler so you can see the current process.


The nasty before shot.

The "in progress shot"
Dont mind the half done landscaping with cardboard on one side on not on the other. ;)

The yard is a mess from the concrete guys redoing the sidewalk and back patio, but the grass is starting to grow in nicely.
There is a thin layer of dust on everything in the house due to the hardwood guys and their sanding.
The used-to-be-perfect walls now have nicks and scratches and need major touch up.

BUT, It will all be done and this time next week I will be cooking dinner in my new, tiny kitchen. 
Who am I kidding? I never cook.

Happy Hump Day, Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment