Thursday, April 24, 2014

You only get what you give// #90sthrowback

I love the 90s. I like to act like I was born in 1981, so my core growing up days were in the 90s, but that's not true. I still love it anyways.

Yesterday I was helping paint the trim on the exterior of the house and put my iTunes radio on "90s jams." This was the best playlist ever, by the way. Anyways, as I was listening to theses songs and throwing in some singing here and there, one of my favorite 90s songs came on: New Radicals, "You Only Get What You Give."

Oh how much I love this song. Its just so 90s. BUT, it is also very true. You really do "only get what you give."

Whether it be in your job..
a project you're working on...
a workout program...
a goal..
your marriage/relationships..
your friendships...
your home...

This is applicable to anything and everything.

So, maybe if you aren't "getting enough" or getting what you want out of a situation, maybe it's because you're not giving enough.

This hits home. Starting a new day with this mindset will change everything.

Give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment