Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Chairsh- A design lover's haven


If you have followed my blog for any length of time, you will know a few things about my design profile.
1. I am a sucker for oddities. I love the cat and mouse game of finding something fun and unique to put in my home. Off the wall items just seem to add the right amount of spunk to a home while defining a fun design personality. 

2. I  love eclectic style. There is just something so satisfying about incorporating a 1950's buffet table with a brand new set of modern lamps. Making them fit together in the right way can sometimes be challenging but when it works, it is so satisfying.

Naturally, when I was approached by Chairish.com I was absolutely thrilled to be a part of their style challenge.

Chairish is simply a site for design lovers to not only buy, but also sell their funky, eclectic and vintage furniture and decor items. It is very simple and easy and such a fabulous resource to find oddities to spunk up your home. At Chairish  you can search their site by city for local pickup/delivery or you can also have items shipped if you find something in a city outside of your reach. You can search by category or dealer as well. 

Items on Chairish range anywhere from rare furniture findings to artwork to lighting, rugs and so much more. It is truly a great resource for designers and design lovers!

Now, on to the challenge!

I was challenged to pick a few of my favorite items and create a styleboard showcasing these items.
You can see in my image below that I picked three cool and very different items that I think go together nicely.

1. This blue velvet French chair is so fun! The gold trim adds a dressy spunk to it while it can still be dressed down with the other two items.

2. This white dresser/side table has gorgeous gold inlay that picks up on the gold in the other two items, tying them in nicely. 

3. I picked this retro star clock because it reminds me of a similar clock that my great grandmother had growing up. It's very "Jetsons"! (Who doesn't love the Jetson's?)

My main reason for selecting these three items is because they are so vastly different. It would have been easy to pick three items that were "matchy matchy" and from the same era, but it poses a challenge to pick items that wouldn't necessarily be placed together normally. The variety of styles and materials makes this an eclectic and fun look. 

What do you guys think?

What a fabulous find Chairish is! Check it out for yourself- but make sure you have plenty of time to get lost in the fabulousness! Happy hunting, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment