Thursday, October 2, 2014

That doesn't even make any sense.

You know those days when you wake up and for no reason whatsoever, you just are in a funk?
Your clothes don't fit right.
You feel fat.
Your hair looks stupid.
Your house is a wreck.
Your cat is just all over the place- getting hair all over your clean black pants.

You know.... one of those days.
And for no apparent reason.

Well, I told myself I was not going to blog this morning simply because I was in a funk and didn't want to sound like a Debbie Downer in my post. But then, I decided that maybe this post could be useful to someone, somewhere.

I have always heard the phrase "fake it til you make it."
Maybe sometimes that is applicable and helpful. But sometimes that is just stupid.
Sometimes you need to let it out.

Acting like things are perfect in our worlds can sometimes just mask problems and make us bottle them up, building up steam and causing you to eventually overreact when you do let it out. Sometimes letting your feelings out, even when they seem absurd, can help you to better deal with them little by little.

So, for me.... today..."Fake it til you make it"...That doesn't even make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment