Monday, November 24, 2014

Cheesy advice from your 2nd grade Sunday School teacher.

Sometimes the simplest advice is the best advice.

Last week, I heard someone say that if you want to get ahead in life you always need to "go the extra mile." This seems simple. Go the extra mile? Okay, that's right in line with "Always do your best" and "Never quit." So, naturally, my mind brushed this advise aside. But then another cliche' piece of advise popped into my mind-"Be the change you wanna see in the world." This is probably the most cliche' of all pieces of advise, but when you put these things together, you really can be on to something.

I struggle daily at work with a situation I just can not seem to get a handle on.
I encounter people daily that, frankly, I just wanna punch in the face.
This lady at the bank is about <this> close to me reaching through the drive through window and punching her out.
Negative Nancy brought me to tears today because I was so stinking irritated with her.

So, what can you do about it?

Be the change you want to see in the world.
Rebuttal Negative Nancy's comments with a positive play and don't buy into her nonsense.
Don't punch the lady at the drive thru out. Instead, smile and wish her a great day.
If your co-worker is half way doing their job, go the extra mile to do yours correctly- in hopes they will learn from example.
Smile.
Get up.
Dress up.
Show up.
Even if no one ever thanks you, do it anyway.
Even if no one acknowledges or follows suit, do it anyway.
Go the extra mile.
Do your best.

Let's all be cliche and follow the simple cliche advise that we all forget about. It might just make a difference in your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment