Thursday, January 15, 2015

Heart's Content

I have randomly bought several books and magazine subscriptions lately.
I get in a reading mood in the winter. There is just something about snuggling up with a book and blanket and reading a good book.
All of my books and magazines seem to have a common theme lately. Maybe that's the universe trying to tell me something or maybe I just happened to buy a lot of similar material. Either way, common concepts have been drilled into my head lately and they have been much needed.
This picture seems to sum it up pretty well.

 
It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you.
 
It is as simple as that.
 
 
It can be money, fitness, health, a past relationship, your career, a friendship or relationship, whatever it may be.... if you give it power, it has power over you.
 
It really made me stop and think what I am giving power to in my life.
 
Take a minute and evaluate the same thing in your life. What is a common thread of worry in your life? Are you obsessing over your job or money? Are you fretting over a lost relationship?
 
Whatever it may be, take that power back. Free yourself and don't give it power anymore.
Today is a great day to have a great day.
 
For your listening pleasure, here is one of my favorites from Brandi Carlile.
 
Happy Thursday, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment