Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Punxsutawney Phil

Even though every year I seem to hear multiple conflicting accounts of whether the Groundhog actually saw his shadow or not, I did hear on the Seatlle report this morning that the official groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, failed to see his own shadow this morning. EARLY SPRING HERE WE COME!

So, originally this would have been the end of my planned post, but after I hear that the animal we all look to for weather predictions name is actually Punxsutawney Phil, I had to keep going. I mean, Punxsutawney Phil? What the heck! According to Seatlle PI, he even has an "inner circle" of several other four legged prognosticators,  one of which is a DEAD STUFFED GROUNDHOG because they apparently couldn't find a replacement for him in time. (His name was Sammi III and you can read about his story here : Groundhog Day)  Amazing. I don't know what else to say.


Moving right along..... Im trucking right along with my New Years Resolutions. I finished my first official book club meeting book, Water for Elephants, which was reeeeally good! And I am started on February's Book, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which is rather enthralling if I do say so myself. I have also stayed on track with my training to do another half marathon this year. I also plan on doing the Warrior Dash. Exciting things are happening and I am very excited to get home tonight and see the finished product of our new floors :) Update pictures will be coming soon.

So, everyone have a great Groundhog's Day and take time to remember the late Sammi III- we will miss his groundhog shadow telling abilities ever so dearly.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO excited we will have an early spring! I choose to be optimistic and say that there has to be some truth in the ole' groundhog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. dead stuffed groundhog...really? is there a sudden shortage of groundhogs here in america?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that about his name today too.. Really?!

    Oh well, at least we get an early spring out of the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring can't get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete