Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Great Antique Mall Finds

When I have spare time, I love to shop around at thrift stores and antique malls. I have had the pleasure of working in Woodbury, my home town, the past few days and had to make a stop at my favorite place to find funky and fun antiques- The Old Feed Store. And yes, they do have feed. :)

I stumbled across these two items that I just can't get enough of. The first is this adorable sign that says "Bloom Where You Are Planted." I really want this sign and at the low price of only $30, I should have bought it. It means more to me than just a cool antique sign. When David was deployed to Iraq I was upset, confused, distraught, etc. I remember one night before he left seeing this phrase somewhere- "Bloom Where You Are Planted." It meant alot to me because it gave me peace and calamity that there was nothing I could do about the situation at hand. I could not stop him from getting deployed somehow. The best way for me to deal with it was to accept the situation and "bloom" where I was being planted. And that I did. (Wow, that paragraph has completely convinced me I need this sign... I hope it's still there next time I make it out to Woodbury.) 




The next thing I found was this cool and funky dresser. It has three drawers and has been painted a cool turquoise color. In the picture it looks like it has been sponged with turqoise but it's actually just painted and scuffed up a little bit. It's very cute and would make a great antique accent piece to add a little flavor to any room. And, the best part is that it's only $45. Not bad, eh?



These two pieces were too cute not to share!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should get that sign or make you one and put it in your baby "girl"'s room when you have one. I love sentimental things in baby rooms!

    ReplyDelete