Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blueberry Bonanza

David and I have made it a tradition to go to "The Blueberry Patch" every year. It's such a sweet place and we always enjoy ourselves. "The Blueberry Patch" is a local blueberry farm near the  Buchanan community where you go and pick you own. They are $4.50 a pound and delicious! Best of all, snacking is free- which is great because I ate a TON of blueberries while picking. If you haven't been- head out there! 


My favorite thing to make with blueberries is this delicious cobbler/cake that is super easy too!
This is what it looks like before you get to Step 3.

Blueberry/Pineapple Crunch


1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter
2-3 cups of blueberries


Step 1: Pour the the pineapple in the bottom of a 13 by 9 glass casserole dish. 
Step 2: Spread blueberries on top. 
Step 3:Spread dry cake mix on top. 
Step 4:Pour melted butter on top and bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. 
It's also great with vanilla ice cream.


I ate some of this for dinner, breakfast this morning and afternoon snack- I've literally eaten my body weight in this stuff, but it's delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I needed this recipe! I picked 5 1/2 lbs. of blueberries last week. I may go back for more :)
    What size can of pineapple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blueberry patch- i havent been in a LONG time- When i leave there my stomach usually hurts from eating so many lol

    ReplyDelete