Monday, December 5, 2011

Friendship and Love

The older I get, the more I realize how important friendships are. I have a crazy collection of friends from all walks of life and all ages, but I love each and every one of them in a special way.

It's truly awesome how you can look back on situations and see what an amazing difference love made in a situation. I read a blog post a few weeks ago from a girl stating how thankful she was to have friends who wouldn't just ask "How are you?", but instead would ask "How are you REALLY doing?!" They didn't want to hear the fake answers about how good things are...how work is 'fine', relationships are 'good', kids are 'busy, but good'. They want to know the truth... they care about the victories and the pains in your life. These are the friends you should strive to surround yourselves with- there is truly nothing like them. :)

This weekend was filled with lots of fun, love and friendship. I got to hang out with my sweet "mini- me" from highschool. Months and years can pass and when we hang out it's like no time has passed at all. Lindsay is so much fun :) One of my favorite things about her is that she will sing silly songs at the top of her lungs with you so you don't look silly :)
On Saturday I met up with two good friends of mine- Hope and Karen. We had a picture perfect breakfast with all kinds of homemade goodies at Karen's Bed and Breakfast House. Then we headed down to Leiper's Fork for an even more picture perfect day of browsing, shopping and eating.

For those of you who haven't made it to Leiper's Fork, you are truly missing out. It is an amazing little town with some unique and fun places to see. We went to Karen's favorite art gallery and they had some apple cider and supplies for smores outside the front door. It was so delicious!


We also spotted this really neat light!


We headed to downtown Franklin where I spotted this amazing moss wreath... the picture doesn't do it justice. Its this huge moss wreath... it makes such a statement. I really should have bought it, but I did the classic Anna thing and didn't get it, thinking I should "think about it." Stupid.

I love Karen and Hope so much and had a wonderful and much needed day out with them. :) They are so special to me. :)


May your lives be blessed with friends to love and cherish you along life's bumps and bruises. They really do make such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment