Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crafty Schmafty

You know how men can do really girly things like carry a woman's purse or make a girly comment on an outfit? Then, they have to burp, watch ESPN and make some gross comments to get their "man card" back??? Well, I'm sort of like that, but in an opposite way. Sometimes I get so busy and don't get to do as many projects or crafty things and I have to take a day or two and redeem myself. I'll indulge in some project to get my "craft card" back and prove that I still have it in me.

Anyone who is anyone LOVES and is OBSESSED with Pinterest... of course. I have been seeing these wreaths all over Pinterest and wanted to try it myself. I saw one in a store nearby for sale for $40 and thought, "surely I could make it for cheaper?!?" I was right! After a quick trip to Michael's and a little sweet talking the cashier into giving me 40% off the base, I got out of there only spending $18. I will have to admit that it was a tad more time consuming than I anticipated, but I am pleased with the results!


If you want to make one for yourself, it's super simple. Follow these steps.

1. Buy some yarn, a Styrofoam wreath base, and anything you want to go on the wreath (flowers, letters, buttons, etc)

2. Cover the base in yarn. (This is the time consuming part. You want to make sure the lines look even and it covers all of the Styrofoam. But, remember, it doesn't have to be perfect!)

3. Glue on whatever you want!!

4. Hang it up and reclaim your "Crafty Card".

Enjoy, ladies! (And gents, I suppose... if you wanna lose your "man card")

No comments:

Post a Comment