Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Haste Makes Waste"

When I was in college I worked for a local judge and court of judiciary leader, J.S. Daniel. I worked for him for a few years and have many fond memories of him and my work there. I would sometimes make a mistake in some paperwork or filing he asked me to do and when he reviewed it he would always say, "Anna, haste makes waste." I do tend to be in a hurry in alot of things in life. I have a strong "get it done" attitude and always try to be as efficient as possible. This can sometimes get me in trouble. 


When we first started to renovate the house, my "get it done attitude" caused a little trouble. Trying to get things done quickly when renovating is never a good idea. Instead, it requires alot of patience. ( I have the patience of a four year old... so this can sometimes pose a problem.) Needless to say, as cheesy as it may sound, this house project has really changed me in alot of ways. It has taught me patience, understanding and that everything is not always going to be perfect.


Doing things hastily in the house caused for alot of things to have to be re-done, which is frustrating and expensive. Lesson learned, Judge Daniel. ;)


Below is the new upstairs bathroom. I won't put up a before picture because its right after breakfast and I don't want you guys to puke. (Also, because I can't find one off hand ; )


This is what all was done: Tiled the floor, painted the cabinets, new light, new mirror and paint. (painted twice now..hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment