Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't Die With Your Music Still Inside of You.



A dear friend of mine always says " Don't die with your music still inside of you." I often think of this phrase and wonder if I am living my life in such a way to let all of my "music" out. The answer is simple. Of course I am not. Most people don't. We let life get in the way. Some where back in time we had these things called dreams. Dreams were those little things that when you're a kid you think about. You think what you want to be and all the places you want to go and see. The sky is truly the limit. Somewhere along the line we lose sight of those dreams... life gets in the way... Short term goals get in the way. We think, "I'll do 'that' when I graduate from college," or "I'll do 'that' after I have kids... or after my kids grow up and move out."

Since I was a freshman in college I have worked in some facet of real estate. I started working at Bob Parks at that time and there was always a banner in the workroom that hung high. The phrase always stuck in my mind. The banner said, "The time is now." Oh how true this is.

The time is now...
...tell those you love how much you love them
...do something crazy
...stay up all night giggling to silly romance novels
...take last minute day trips
...eat ice cream
...forget about calories
...spend time with those you love and cherish EVERY second
...do what you want to do
..live the life you want to live

Whatever you do... just don't die with your music still inside of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment