Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Be More.

Having the house on the market has really opened my eyes to how much stuff has been collected over the past three years of living here.

Even if you think you don't "buy much", which I like to put myself in this category, you will be wildly impressed with just how much stuff you can collect over even a short period of time. I have really made an effort to go through every closet and box and simplify as much as possible. Even when it comes to furniture. I have found that the less stuff I have in my way to distract me, the more clear- minded and creative I can be- it's alot easier to focus on improving in other areas.

More than anything, I loved the above picture because it is a constant reminder that in the end... we can't take it all with us. However, we can take all the sweet memories we made with family and friends...the giggles over lunch or an evening glass of wine.... the bad perms we gave our sisters... the times we got lost on the way to an event and everyone stared when we showed up late... the smiles and jokes... the fun experiences. Instead of leaving behind some cool furniture, I want to leave behind a legacy.

Make today the day you focus on being more. More of your true self. More of the person you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment