Friday, January 18, 2013

Give yourself a shot.



It's easy to get in a rut in life. Sometimes we get in ruts for a day or week and get right back out of it. Sometimes these ruts can last for weeks, months and years on end. How do we let ourselves get to the point to where we forget our dreams? We forget what we want to be when we grow up? We forget about the passion and love we have for something?

The other day I talked about making the next right step even if you can not see the big picture. That can be scary. Some people don't see the big picture and so they decide that they don't know what the next "right" step even is.  "How can I make any step at all if I don't know which direction I am going? I think I'll just stay right here until I figure out exactly what I want to do." This is dangerous. You know why? You may wake up one day and be 70 years old and STILL not know what you want to do, where you want to go or what you want to be. And yet you have wasted your whole life away just waiting for that perfect opportunity to find you.

JK Rowling once said, "It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well have never lived at all."

What true and beautiful words those are. It's so easy to think that if you do ________(insert whatever is applicable to you) that you will fail.

"If I start my own business I could fail and lose my investment and be broke."
"If I get out of this relationship I may never find someone else and I'll be lonely for the rest of my life with a whole bunch of cats."
"If I quit this job thats sucking the life out of me, I may never find a better opportunity."

It is so easy to think of a million reasons why your not-so-perfect life is "okay enough not to change."

Give up on your excuses. Instead of thinking what could go wrong and how this could tumble into a whirlwind of bad fortune, start thinking about what could go RIGHT. Start thinking about the abundance of happiness and good fortune that is likely to come your way when you follow your dreams.

Maybe there are a million risks involved, but there are also a million rewards.

"Move confidently in the direction of your dream."


No comments:

Post a Comment