Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I'm so excited.

Anyone that grew up in the 90s is familiar with the above video. Jesse Spano starts taking caffeine pills so she can stay up later and not sleep in order to get more done for school, sports and other activities she is a part of. I can reenact this video like nobody's business. I remember the first time watching this episode- I was so scared for Jesse and even worried about her. (Wow, that sounds really ridiculous.) At first, Jesse is skipping sleep and getting alot done. When her friends find about the pills, they ask her to stop and she says that she will. However, she starts taking them again when things in her life get busy. In this scene she is running on no sleep and crashes when Zach comes in to get her for her dance performance. It's pretty heart wrenching to see it (if you have seen every episode of Saved by the Bell, it might as well be your best friend taking caffeine pills).

This video can describe alot of us more often than we would like. I run on empty alot more often than I should. It is so easy to get caught up in life- whatever elements that may entail for you. 

Occasionally, I will take a minute and read some of the blogs that I receive via email. I don't typically have the time but once in a blue moon I will.  It seems like I just so happen to read these blogs on days when I need that message the most. Today I read the "Incourage" blog.  I have copied and pasted it below:

I stare out the window into the backyard. From my breakfast table I can see a summer robin fluffing out her feathers. The trees reach up to the sky with new leaves that wave good morning. A chubby squirrel gathers a few acorns to save for later. As I look, I realize the pace beyond my windows is so different than the one within them. We, as humans, are tempted to hurry. And yet it seems God is intent on slowing us down.
He gives us a Sabbath and we work through the weekend.
He gives us three meals a day to let us slow down and we pick fast food.
He gives us eight hours of sleep a night and we try to squeak by on far less.
We hurry when we’re afraid that we’ll be late, miss out on something, or disappoint someone. God doesn’t need to hurry because he has all the time in eternity. This is good news for us, friends. It means…
God will not rush your healing.
And God will not rush your growth.
God is okay with where you are right now. He’s not tapping his toe impatiently. He’s not looking at his watch with a sigh. He’s not trying to get you out the door a few minutes sooner. The God who loves you is willing to give you the time you need. All of time belongs to him and he is generous with it. He gives it freely to fluffy birds and friendly trees and chubby squirrels. And he’ll give it to you.

This really hit home with me today. I can so easily get discouraged when things in my life aren't perfect- when I am not exactly where I want to be in life- when my life isn't displaying the perfect picture that I have of it in my mind. This blog really encouraged me this morning to just relax and enjoy the ride. Things will work out in the timing they are meant to.

So, for now, I think I'll stop taking caffeine pills and take a nap before Zach comes over and gets suspicious. (I don't really take caffeine pills, but if it meant that Zach Morris would be coming over to rescue me, I would. Don't judge.)

No comments:

Post a Comment