Wednesday, August 14, 2013

All About the Details

Do you ever have that friend that's like, "Yeah, I ran a marathon!" only later to find out they actually ran four quarter marathons or two half marathons??

Or someone say, "Yeah, we are buying a fully furnished house in New York!" only to later find out they are actually buying a loft in Jersey with a couch and mattress?

It just goes to show that it's all about the details. Sometimes things in life can seem one way when they are actually another. (I'm going to tie this into decorating.... wait for it...)

Recently I had someone ask me, "how do you make your home so cozy?" to which I gave the same reply.."It's all about the details." (Tada!)


So, what kind of details really make a house a home? 
Fresh Flowers
Cute Family Pictures
Fun Little Nick Nacks
Books you or someone in your family have read
Family Furniture
Rugs (A room without a rug is like a kiss without a hug)
Personal Touches that bring a smile to your face

Some people see it as clutter, but at the end of the day it is YOUR home. If you like it and it makes you smile... Put it in your house and smile every time you walk by. Sometimes people come over and think..."whoa that's weird... this gal has a door hanging on her wall and a crazy light in her bedroom...wait, it that a piano top??" But you know what? I could not care less. It all makes me smile and feel unique. And that, my friends, is what it's all about.

It's all about the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment