Monday, October 20, 2014

What Alice Forgot

In a last minute made dash to find a good read for the plane ride to San Diego, I picked up a book by Liane Moriarty called "What Alice Forgot." It sounded like a good book based on the quick reading of the back summary. It had a fun cover and was in my favorite section of Barnes and Noble, therefore I felt like I could not go wrong.

I didn't expect for this book to be so fabulous.

"What Alice Forgot" is about a woman who, after fainting at spin class, loses all memory of the last ten years of her life.  When she is carted off from the gym on a stretcher she tells paramedics that she is 29 and pregnant and asks them to call her perfect husband. Little does she know, she is actually about to have her fortieth birthday party, she has three children and is going through a nasty divorce with her "perfect husband."

As the days pass by, Alice is unfolding the mystery of who she is today and how wildly different her life has changed in the past 10 years. This journey to discover her current life becomes a journey or rediscovery of herself and every relationship in her life.

Liane Moriarty is quirky and hilarious. I don't say this much, but I truly could not put this book down. I found myself walking up and wanting to immediately start reading it.

I loved it so much that I just ordered another one of her books entitled "Three Wishes."  

And the best part is.... drumroll.......durdurdurdurdur (Thats what a drum sounds like, right?!)...... They are making it into a movie!! 
#winning

Read this book, friends. Its fab!


I would love to pretend like I actually took this picture with this delicious looking pizza and this fabulous wine in the background, but I actually read it in much less fancy of a setting like on my couch with a 16 lb cat kneading the dough on my belly the entire time. Occassionally I filled up my water bottle from the tap to refresh though. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment