Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Cheer From Our Home to Yours

For no particular reason, this Christmas season was especially special.
From year to year there always seems to be some sense of disappointment after Christmas festivities are over. That "oh, that's it" feeling settles in and as I put away the Christmas tree I am left with a feeling of emptiness. All the buildup builds up to this? All the songs, all the caroling, all the food, all the gifts, all for what?

This year I really wanted things to be different. I really wanted to enjoy Christmas for what it is. I didn't want to worry about if I spent the same amount each person's gift as they did on mine. I didn't want to make a fuss over the Christmas decorations and the wrapping paper. I didn't wanna stress over what I was going to wear on Christmas day. I just wanted to enjoy it for the true meaning.

Every year of my life, we have spent Christmas in church- listening to Christmas contadas with beautiful voices,  fancy dresses and gorgeous decor. As wonderful as it is, I wanted a little bit of a different experience this year. I wanted to strip all of that away.

Less decor.
Less music.
Less glitter.

More smiles.
More giggles.
More hugs.
More kisses.
More snuggles.
More love.

Our church service this year was so simple.
A few songs, a few people reading some verses, some communion and lots of prayer.
It really reminded me of what all this Christmas fuss is all about- What the true reason for the season is.

This morning as I carried our tree into the attic, I wasn't left with that familiar feeling of Christmas Blues. Instead, I smiled with a warm heart as I thought of all the smiles, giggles, hugs, kisses, snuggles and love.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment