Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Fun Part


Hello, friends!

You guys have heard enough about the not-so-fun parts of flipping (especially this flip, considering all of our delays), but now it starting to get to the fun part. Picking out the finishes is my favorite part. Tile, paint, flooring and colors is where all the fun begins!

In this flip we are really trying to bring out the cool old features of the house by bringing out the character and still giving the house an updated and new feel. I am really trying to reflect this in my tile choices. I want the new homeowner to feel like they live in an old house, but with all the modern features of a new construction. Since this house in the downtown district, homebuyers in that area will love the old/new feel.

For the tile selections, I tried to go with something clean and classic with a fun and modern look. The white subway tile below will be in both of the showers and the below gray colored tile will be on the floor in both bathrooms as well as the floor in the kitchen. <We wanted to go with hardwood in the kitchen, however, the current hardwood is the old, small planks-- matching this can be very difficult and costly, so the tile turned out to be the best choice.> 


Now for the front door selection. Again, I want to keep this house to be a little bit funky. I was originally planning on going with a cool blue color for the front door. I found several blue colors that I liked, but when I put them up against the grey exterior of the house, it just didn't feel right. It seemed too plain and just wasn't giving me the vibe I was looking for.


So, I decided to get funky. I know this green color is a little out there, but I really think the finished product will yield the vibe we are going for. <I am really diggin' Jalapeno Jelly (upper right).

Now for the best part yet.... drumroll, please........

SHIPLAP.

I could not be happier with how this old shiplap has turned out. We have decided to paint it white (an offset of the grey wall color). I love the way you can see the spaces between the slats. I just can't get enough of it. There will be four shiplap accent walls. <Even though I would have opted for about double that amount.>



And just like that, the tile has been partially completed. Can I just say, I totally swooned when I went into this bathroom. Seeing the tile in your hand and envisoining it in your head is nothing compared to seeing it up. I couldn't be happier and cannot wait to see it after it has been grouted/completed.

This is definitely my favorite part of the ride. This is when all of the hard work and labor finally pays off. It makes all of those long days and tiresome weekends worth it. The next few weeks are going to be so exciting and I can't wait to share it with you guys!

Enjoy this hot and sticky weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment